Last Updated: Feb 27, 2020
2. Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide To Us
Worker Registration Information. When you sign up to the Liveworks Platform as a worker, you give us your full legal name, email address, date of birth, phone number, job title, valid photo ID that matches your name, proper industry certificate that matches your job title, resume photo and an option profile photo for your account. Liveworks may contact you to verify all provided information when you sign up to the app.
Worker Payment Information. In order for you to receive payments as a Worker from the Liveworks app you must provide your banking information such as your account number, institution number, transit number, a billing address, GST and SIN Number. When you add payment information to your Liveworks account, a third party that handles payment for us will receive your information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store banking information on our servers.
Business Registration Information. When you sign up to the Liveworks Platform as a Business, you give us your email address, business name, A business representative information such as full legal name, date of birth, and phone number. Business representative will be contacted by Liveworks to verify all information provided and ensure that it is an eligible business.
Business Payment Method. In order for you to pay workers in the Liveworks platform for worked shifts you must provide a payment method such as your credit card. A third party that handles payment for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
B. Information We Collect When You Use The App
Location Information. For Liveworks to properly match workers with businesses in their own city to obtain shifts the app must obtain your current Location information to determine what city you are located in.
Device Information. Liveworks receives information from user’s devices, including mobile operating system version, phone carriers and manufacturer, push notification tokens, application installations, device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the Liveworks Platform and help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Liveworks Platform, Like your actions within the Liveworks app, and the dates and times of your visits.
User Feedback. We want to make sure users are always enjoying the best experience in the app. Business and Workers may provide feedback to the Liveworks app with the things that work best for them and the things that don’t.
3. How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Create your workers or business accounts;
- Connect Workers with Businesses;
- Facilitate Transactions and Payments;
- Find and prevent fraud;
- Determining eligibility on workers and businesses that have signed up to the Liveworks Platform;
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote the Liveworks Platform;
- Analyze how Users in the app are using the Liveworks Platform;
- Personalize the Liveworks experience for you;
- Communicate with you, either directly or indirectly for marketing and promotional purposes;
4. How We Share The Information We Collect
A. Sharing Between Users
Sharing between workers and businesses. Workers and Businesses that have a confirmed shift together are able to see basic information about each other, such as venue name, Worker Legal name, profile photos, job title, and venue address. This is done in order to facilitate communication between both parties and provide the best level of clarity on confirmed shifts.
Additional information from workers such as date of birth, is not shared with businesses in the app. Information from businesses not shared to workers are Legal business name, business representative information, and phone number.
B. Sharing Between Liveworks and Third Parties
Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to perform services on our behalf, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the Liveworks platform.
Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets;
- If a government or authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with the laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Liveworks users, Liveworks Company, or the public;
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to civil, and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures;
- With partners to find and prevent on the Liveworks platform;
- To provide information about the use of the Liveworks platform to potential business partners;
- Whenever you consent to the sharing;
5. Your Choices
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Liveworks Platform ( such as receiving a notification of an invitation or acceptance to a shift)
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing your location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings, Location sharing is core to the Liveworks platform and without it we can’t provide the best services to you.
Editing and Accessing Your User Information. You can review and edit all of your registration information by logging into your account in settings. Workers Information such as a name change is not editable in the app and you will have to contact Liveworks Help Center to have your name changed.
Data Security. Your personal information will be maintained on our servers or those of our service providers; such servers and service providers may be located outside of your country. Authorized employees, agents and service providers will have access to your personal information. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we can not guarantee the security of your data.
Minors Privacy. Liveworks is not directed to minors under the legal age of 18. If we find out that a minor has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a minor has given us personal information, please contact us at our Help Center.